The Impact of Quarantine and Lockdown Life
It’s no exaggeration to say that the pandemic has had a profound effect on millions of people around the world, especially those who are considered vulnerable. This includes anyone over 70 years of age, those with long term health conditions such as heart disease, diabetes, Parkinson’s or lung conditions as well as pregnant women, people with weakened immune systems or those who are seriously overweight with a BMI of 40 or above.
Anybody in this category is advised to take extra precautions and practice social distancing in order to help prevent them from catching Covid-19 which could lead to severe health problems.
For those who already struggle greatly with their weight and fall into the severely obese category, in what ways has the pandemic affected them?
- Reduced movements and physical activity due to lockdown
- Feeling unmotivated and lethargic.
- Negative impact on eating habits leading to food hoarding, binge eating, comfort eating etc.
- Unable to access fitness centres, gyms or group exercise classes.
- Lack of variety or availability of fresh, healthy produce such as fruit and vegetables.
- Reliance on long life, calorie dense, artificial, less nutritious food items.
- Struggles with mental health and wellbeing due to loneliness, isolation, anxiety and stress.
- Missing normal everyday life and structure of work, school, socialising and everything else that
- comes with it.
- Stress and financial strains from losing their job or being unable to work due to the health risk it
- Vicious cycle of feeling low, moving less and eating more which leads to weight gain.
- Worry and stress of being more vulnerable or at risk from Covid-19 and struggling mentally to adapt to life after lockdown as restrictions ease.
How Can GMBand Help?
For someone who is severely obese, losing weight can have a positive impact on your health, relationships, life expectancy, self-image and mental health. With studies showing that those who are obese have a higher risk of; – Contracting Covid – Being admitted to hospital for the illness – Being placed on a ventilator – Dying from the virus At GMBand we work with those struggling with obesity to regain control over their lives and help them lose weight for good, in a way that is healthy and pain free. No fad diets, no shakes, tablets, no operation, no anaesthetic, no hospitalisation and at just a fraction of the cost of a surgical alternative. Our psychological approach to weight loss incorporates the latest tried and tested CBT focused solutions to re-programme the way that the brain looks and acts around food.
This non-surgical treatment method takes place over 4 sessions and follows the completion of a dedicated weight loss Forensic Questionnaire incorporating a series of questions that help to establish a bespoke treatment protocol for that person.
Over 1,700 people from all over the world have visited our clinic in Spain to receive the treatment from our expert founders – Martin and Marion Shirran, who have been featured in multiple UK newspapers, appeared on TV both sides of the Atlantic and have two bestselling books on the subject. Amongst the current epidemic, for those who are unable to travel for treatment, we have up-graded our very effective online version of the GMB which can be completed over Skype or Zoom to provide a similar experience and results and is carried out live, one to one but across 8 sessions instead of 4. To find out more information about how we can help you start your weight loss journey, do not hesitate to contact us and one of our advisors will be happy to help and answer any questions you may have.